We are happy to offer different options for patrons who may need additional services.
PATRONS WITH MOBILITY DISABILITIES
- The outdoor surface parking lot just south of the theatre has accessible parking spots located right outside our lobby doors.
- The covered parking garage on the corner of 55th Street and S. Ellis Avenue has accessible parking on the ground levels and an elevator. Simply take a ticket from the machine upon entrance, and use the S. Ellis Avenue exit gate after the show. For 30 minutes following the performance, the S. Ellis Avenue gate will automatically raise when your car approaches for a free and easy exit. It is not necessary to insert your ticket upon exiting at the gate. If you stay for a post-show discussion, please ask the House Manager for a validation ticket.
- View Court Theatre on the campus map. Select the Accessibility box in the left menu to show accessible routes and entrances on the University of Chicago campus.
Theatre and seating:
- Our lobby is located on the ground level and a greeter will be at the front door to offer you assistance.
- Our restrooms have wheelchair accessible stalls.
- The Abelson Auditorium has wheelchair accessible seating located just inside the house doors. Please call our Box Office at (773) 753-4472 to purchase these seats.
PATRONS WHO ARE DEAF/HARD-OF-HEARING
- Complimentary assisted listening devices are available at the box office. A photo ID is required to reserve.
- Open-Captioned performances on the following dates. Please call our Box Office at (773) 753-4472 to purchase tickets, as we may have suggested seating for you.
- Large print programs are available. If you would like to request large print, please let us know 24 hours before your performance time.
- Audio-Described performances with a pre-performance Touch Tour on the following dates. Please call our Box Office at (773) 753-4472 to purchase tickets, as we may have suggested seating for you.
Matthew Sitz | Director of Audience Services | (773) 702-6759 | Email