We are happy to offer different accessibility options for patrons who may need additional services.
PATRONS REQUIRING MOBILITY ASSISTANCE
- The outdoor surface parking lot just south of the theatre has accessible parking spots located right outside the lobby doors.
- The covered parking garage on the corner of 55th Street and S. Ellis Avenue has accessible parking on the ground levels and an elevator.
- View Court Theatre on the campus map. Select the Accessibility box in the left menu to show accessible routes and entrances on the University of Chicago campus.
Theatre and seating:
- The lobby is located on the ground level and a greeter will be at the front door to offer you assistance.
- The restrooms have wheelchair accessible stalls.
- The Abelson Auditorium has wheelchair accessible seating located just inside the house doors. Please call the Box Office at (773) 753-4472 to purchase these seats.
PATRONS WHO ARE DEAF/HARD-OF-HEARING
- Complimentary assisted listening devices are available at the box office. A photo ID is required to reserve.
- Open-Captioned performances are offered on the following dates. Please call the Box Office at (773) 753-4472 to purchase tickets, as we may have suggested seating for you.
- ASL-Interpreted performances are offered on the following dates. Please contact the Box Office at (773) 753-4472 or email Phillip Lewis for more information.
PATRONS WHO ARE BLIND/HAVE LOW VISION
- Audio-Described performances, with a pre-performance Touch Tour, are offered on the following dates. Please call the Box Office at (773) 753-4472 to purchase tickets, as we may have suggested seating for you.
Phillip Lewis, Audience Development Associate